Thursday, July 24, 2008
Welcome to Tennessee, mom, dad, Taylor, and Tucker!
So, my mom, dad, Taylor, and Tucker came to visit us while we're out here. I was so excited to show them Tennessee! They arrived on Wednesday night so we didn't do much except have dinner and visit. On Thursday we decided to go to Nashville for the day! I love that city, it's pure country! And for those of you who know me I love everything country from music, to cowboys, to boots and hats!
When we first got there we went to The Hermitage, which is Andrew Jackson's home. It was amazing and so beautiful. There is so much land and the house is huge. It was too bad we couldn't take pictures inside the home. Almost 95 percent of the furniture in the house was original.
After the Hermitage, we went and saw the Grand ole Oprey. There wasn't anybody playing that night so we just went by to see it. We also went to the mall across the street where we went to see how they made Gibson guitars. Taylor really liked that, he's getting to be really good at the guitar. There is also a restaurant in the mall that is an aquarium. I was surprised how many different kinds of fish there were.
Next, we decided to go see the Ryman Theatre. That was where everybody would perform before the Grand Ole' Oprey was built. On that same street is where all the fun happens! There is country music everywhere. You can just walk in the bars and people are performing. We went to souviner shops and on a horse and carriage ride through town. After, we went to dinner at Demos. It was really good so, for those of you who might be vacationing in Nashville then, that's where I would reccomend. Well, one day down and four to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Thats so fun to have vistors! I want to go to Nashville so bad, I'm right with ya I'm a country girl! I'm glad your having a good time this summer! We better see each other when were all back home! :)
Post a Comment