On Friday we went to Dollywood and Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge. Brooks decided to take this day off from work because he really wanted to come with us. Dollywood is a huge amusement and water park and is in the town where Dolly Parton grew up. She also owns it, along with Dixie Stampede. We went to a few shows there but, mostly rode the rollercoasters. It was a lot of fun. I think that our favorite ride was Mystery Mine. It's a new one this year. There is also a ride where you can shoot people with water guns. You don't have to ride this ride because they have squirt guns on the outside of it so, you can shoot the people that are riding it. This was also one of our favorite things to do. Brooks, Taylor, and Tucker would pick out one person on the boat and soak them the whole time. They would usually pick out old ladies. I thought it was pretty rude but, i can't say that it wasn't funny.
After Dollywood we went to Dixie Stampede. It is a dinner show with a lot of horses and other animals in it. The people in it were also really talented. It was really good and so was the food, we even ate it with our hands. Mac was sitting in his high chair loving it. Then, all of the sudden I looked over and his head was bobbing! Poor little guy, he was exhausted. He is such a trooper!
On Saturday we decided to go down to Pigeon Forge. On the way we stopped at a huge swap meet. They were selling some cute puppies there and I'm such a sucker for puppies. I wanted one so bad but, then I realized that Buster is more than enough. Afterwards, we went to the outlets. They have five outlet malls down there! Then we went to a show called The Comedy Barn. It was really funny! Then, we met Brooks up in downtown Knoxville and went to dinner at Calhoons. It is famous for their ribs. I'm not a fan of ribs but, I think all he boys really liked them.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Dollywood and Dixie Stampede
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I would love to go to Dollywood some day. It looks like my kind of fun.
Sounds like such a fun day! I wish we had a Dollywood here!
Post a Comment