Wednesday, October 22, 2008

26.2 miles.... I did it!


We're almost there!

The finish line, thank goodness!

My support group!

I know I look like death but that's exactly how I felt!


On October 4th Kacie, Chris, Tyson, and I ran the St George Marathon! I'll be honest, I'm so glad it's over! Training for a marathon is a huge committment and I probably should have trianed better then I did but, I did it! It actually rained all day and was so cold! So that part wasn't fun. We all stayed together until about mile 19 and then Tyson and I finished together and Kacie and Chris were about 15 minutes ahead. The last three miles were the hardest three miles I've ever done. I don't know if I'll ever do a marathon agian but, I'm so glad I was able to do it and even more glad that it's over!

8 comments:

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

Awesome! Way to go! We were wondering if you decided to do it or not. That is an awesome accomplishment! It has been forever it seems...hope all is going well for you guys. We miss seeing you. We are hopefully moving next week so we will have to get together after that. Talk to you soon and give little Mac a squeeze for us!

Jessie Evans said...

Karlie, you are amazing. I don't think I could even run a mile anymore, let alone 26.2. Seriously, you are amazing.

Our Little Corner said...

Good job! I was so impressed when my mom told me you guys had done this.

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Good job running Kar, thats awesome! What a great thing to say you have accomplished too! Hey tell Brooks Happy Birthday yesterday for us! He is getting old :)

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Wow! That is quite impressive. Why didn't your husband join you?

Lisa said...

Congrats. Hey are you wondering who this stranger is congratulating you? Well, maybe if I said, "feliciations" C'est Madame Stewart, your old (I mean young) french teacher. I found you on Jordyn's blog who I found on Bobbi's blog, who I found on Brooke's blog who works for my husband. Whew!!! Anyway, hope all is well, you look beautiful and your little baby too.

Mrs.Mayne said...

ugh! That makes me tired just thinking about it.